Windows 11/10 has a Memory Diagnostic Tool that you can use to check for possible memory problems, including testing the Random Access Memory (RAM) on your computer. The tool helps you figure out bad memory, memory issues, and usually takes 20 minutes to complete.
Windows Memory Diagnostics Tool #
If Windows 11/10/8/7/Vista detects a possible memory problem, you will receive a notification. Click the notification to open it. If you wish to run Windows Memory Diagnostics Tool on-demand, do the following:
- Open Control Panel and type ‘memory‘ in the search bar. Click on ‘Diagnose computer memory problems’ to open it.
- Alternatively, you can also type ‘mdsched‘ in Start search and hit Enter to open it.
- Choose between two options for when to run the Memory Diagnostics Tool.
- You can Restart now and check for problems.
- Or you can select Check for problems the next time I start my computer.